As part of Kwali Mark Construction’s water wise month we would like to share our water saving tips with you. Everyone needs to do their part in order to preserve our precious water resource.
Interesting water facts:
- If you have a dripping tap with one drip per second you can waste up to 30 liters a day.
- If you take a shower for less than 5 minutes you can save up to 70 liters per shower.
- Using a bucket of water and not a hosepipe when washing your car can save up to 300 liters per wash.
Water saving tips:
- Shower for less than 3 minutes
- Check your meter regularly.
- Close your taps while brushing your teeth
- Always keep all taps closed when you are not using it.
- Do not water your garden between 10h00 and 16h00 in the day
- Repair water leaks immediately
Water saving in the Bathroom
You can replace your shower heads with water effefficient shower heads to save water. Kwali Mark Construction recommends the Hansgrohe shower heads. Your water consumption can be reduced up to 60% by using their shower heads. By replacing your shower heads you can reduce your water and conserve our valuable resource.
Water saving in the Garden
In our first article we spoke about rainwater harvesting. By accumulating all the rain water in a tank you will be able to use that water for garden irrigation. Rainwater harvesting is easy to maintain and very cost effective. You can re-use your bath water to water plants in the garden. Ensure that you do not waste running water and that you do not water the paved areas. When you water the garden less frequently but for longer times it will encourage a deeper root system and that can result in stronger plants.
Water saving in the Kitchen
While waiting for your tap to heat up you can capture that water into bottles not to waste it. By using the basin filled with water to rinse cutlery and glasses rather than letting the tap run while rinsing. This water can then be used again to water your garden.
Remember as implemented by the municipality only water your garden on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays before 9am or after 4pm.
Follow us on Facebook: Kwali Mark Construction
Have a look at our website: Kwali Mark Construction
021 982 6077
6 Quarry Close